Last days of the ultras movement in France?

Discussions about repression & modern football

Moderator: sofia_boy

Last days of the ultras movement in France?

Postby Irascibil » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:13 pm

In the last few years , the french autorities declared war on its own ultras movement , disolving such groups as Boulogne Boys, Supras Auteuil, Grinta, Authentiks, Brigade Sud Nice, Cosa Nostra Lyon, Faction Metz, Testa Mora and others . This doesn't seems to be enough and now historical groups such as Magic Fans 91 from A.S.Saint-Etienne , Commando Ultras 84 Marseille and the groups of Montpellier , Butte Pallaide 91 and Armata Ultras 02 are under threat. The French Interior Minister is now considering suspending those 4 groups for a period ,stretching from the remainder of the season to a maximum of three years. This means the groups can't show their banners and other insignia, light flares or do other things ultras do, or otherwise they will be permanently suspended.
As far as i know the groups in France are legaly organized as associations, with their own legal status, bank accounts ( i might be wrong about this), headquarters etc. This kind of organisation makes them vulnerable to the actions of the state.
So i'm asking our readers , with insight informations, to give us more details about the situation of ultras movement in France and to answer the following question:
Are these the last days of the ultras movement in France?
Irascibil
( admin )

Postby YAKUZA » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:30 am

Yesterday ,5.02.2011, Montpellier and ASSE played their championship match in Montpellier.
You will notice that Montpellier groups, BP 91 and AU 02, were already without their banners.

Montpellier - Ultras terrace

Kop Wolf, a non-ultras Montpellier group.

ASSE Support

Can i get a translation from our french speaking readers on this last photo? What does the message say?
YAKUZA
Site Admin

Re: Last days of the ultras movement in France?

Postby sofia_boy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Irascibil wrote:As far as i know the groups in France are legaly organized as associations, with their own legal status, bank accounts ( i might be wrong about this), headquarters etc. This kind of organisation makes them vulnerable to the actions of the state.
I never understood why on earth would they register their groups :roll: It's almost like going to the police station and saying "I'm a criminal, arrest me".
And yes, the situation is really bad and it seems like the state have the upper hand and ultras are soon going to be just part of history.
conosce soltanto due leggi - violenza e mentalitа!
sofia_boy
beer addict

Postby Irascibil » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

After they were threatened by the French Federation with suspending their activity, the guys have gone underground, becomed even more hardcore and every match is a total kaos when they are involved. They are all about attitude

Irascibil
( admin )

Postby Mathieu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:02 am

sofia_boy wrote:
Irascibil wrote:As far as i know the groups in France are legaly organized as associations, with their own legal status, bank accounts ( i might be wrong about this), headquarters etc. This kind of organisation makes them vulnerable to the actions of the state.
I never understood why on earth would they register their groups :roll: It's almost like going to the police station and saying "I'm a criminal, arrest me".
And yes, the situation is really bad and it seems like the state have the upper hand and ultras are soon going to be just part of history.

Yes, the major part of French ultras groups are register as " associations ".
This status authorize them to organize tifos, sell materials, and organize travels with tickets ... Now, Football clubs sell away seats only to register fans. It is really hard to get tickets when you are from Paris for example ... It is not so hard in Lille, but it seems to be the same next years ...
Register a group, in France, is the only way to exist in the club's life.
Law in France is a bit hard for selling materials for example. If you are not register as associations with a bank account, you can't sell any scarf, any stickers ...If not, You can take jail and fuckin' fiscals problems ...
The real major problem in France are stadium bans. Now for nothing you can be ban for several months or years.
Now the clubs prefer to get off some troublemakers or ultras, and replace some quiet families ...
Fortunately, they don't control the pubs all over the stadiums ! :lol:
Mathieu

Return to Against modern football