Romanian Derbys

Discussions about local derbies , european cup games etc - Something important happened let us know

Moderator: sofia_boy

Romanian Derbys

Postby GrasuB » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:54 pm

The 1st derby of this football season in Romania is going to be this weekend, Sunday 16th of September 19:30 C.E.T.

The teams that are meeting are:
Steaua Bucharest and Rapid Bucharest.

In the league Rapid is comming after a 2-0 win(Rapid - Craiova 2-0) on their own grownd meanwhile Steaua is comming after a 1-0 loss against a new promoted team (Unirea Urziceni - Steaua 1-0).

The last time the 2 teams played it was a victory for Steaua on Rapid`s ground with 3-2 (Rapid - Steaua 2-3).

The Rapid fans announced the presence of arrownd 2.400 fans on Steaua`s stadium. It will be a high risk match due to previous violent fights between the fans. As Sir Bobby Robson said after a Rapid - Steaua game in 2005, "Because of the 2 team`s fans i felt like i was in Sarajevo in the time of the war. It was unbeliveble what i saw. The referee should have stoped the game."

I hope the game will be a nice one... I can`t wait to see the show made by the fans... and .. I hope the best team(Rapid) wins.

:P
Cel mai important lucru este ca Rapid exista.
GrasuB

Postby galver » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:02 am

The topic is good but the first post....
galver

Postby GrasuB » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Sunday 16.09.07 before the derby Steaua - Rapid at 18:00 C.E.T. A major fight broke lose near a supermarket between Steaua fans and Rapid fans. The fans used rocks, chains and bats. During the fight some fans were badly injured and transported immediatly to the hospitals. The police deployed arrownd 100 police officers at the location. 20 - 30 fans were arested we don`t know how many Steaua fans and how many Rapid fans were taken by the police.

... To be continued ...
Cel mai important lucru este ca Rapid exista.
GrasuB

Postby galver » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:08 pm

South Steaua:

North:

Rapid

galver

Return to Important matches - Reports