Finland

Denmark , Norway , Sweden , Finland ..

Moderators: sofia_boy, gooner775

Re: Finland

Postby Bulldog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:12 am

Hey Fudist...
I've wanted to ask you something for a long time...

The group supporting your national team , Pohjoiskaarre , is it comprised of members supporting different clubs ?
I'm interested if all club level rivalries are put aside when it comes to Finland's NT ?
Bulldog

Postby FUDIST » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 am

Bulldog wrote:Hey Fudist...
I've wanted to ask you something for a long time...

The group supporting your national team , Pohjoiskaarre , is it comprised of members supporting different clubs ?
I'm interested if all club level rivalries are put aside when it comes to Finland's NT ?

Hey! Yes most of them are supporters of some football club somewhere in Finland and when national team plays they gather to the one stand to support Finland. National team supporters are also very active at away games.

But as i know there are some supporter groups which are not that interest to support on Pohjoiskaarre stand. I think some of them are Stadin Kingit (IFK Helsinki,) FCLK (FC Lahti) But of course they are on Finland side, i think so. I have not ever heard that there has been any trouble on Pohjoiskaarre because you are supporting wrong club.

biggest rivarlies are between these clubs:

TPS Turku - Inter Turku
HJK Helsinki - FC Lahti
HJK Helsinki - IFK Helsinki

This season in second division FC Lahti played against IFK at first time their history and there was some little fight between the supporters, so i would say they are also some kind of rivalries now, at least between the supporters
FUDIST

Postby gooner775 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

FUDIST wrote:Pohjoiskaarre chanting - Finland vs Sweden

nice atmo from you guys, wish that the swedish supporters whould have made some more noice. but fucking hell that was some serious raining looked like a storm from the tv. Finland played very good but didnt score on your chances wich made me happy lol :D
the day ultras and supporters die is the day football dies.
AIK Stockholm
gooner775

Postby YAKUZA » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:28 pm

This is for both FUDIST and gooner...
Guys please tell me....there gotta be some rivalries between the Scandinavian countries.
Wich are the most heated encounters?
YAKUZA
Site Admin

Postby FUDIST » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 pm

YAKUZA wrote:This is for both FUDIST and gooner...
Guys please tell me....there gotta be some rivalries between the Scandinavian countries.
I would say Sweden is biggest rival for Finland of these Scandinavian countries, because of the common history and they are closest neighbour for us. But what's come to Sweden biggest rival, i think it isn't Finland because of Finland never have been that succesful in football than those Scandinavian countries. But gooner knows better.

if we are exact Finland is not Scandinavia, it's belongs to Fennoscandia or Nordic countries ;)
FUDIST

Postby FUDIST » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:27 pm

gooner775 wrote:
nice atmo from you guys, wish that the swedish supporters whould have made some more noice. but fucking hell that was some serious raining looked like a storm from the tv. Finland played very good but didnt score on your chances wich made me happy lol :D
yea it was good game to Finland but our young players finishing wasnt that good. by the way congratulations qualifying to european cup :) u deserved it
FUDIST

Postby gooner775 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 pm

YAKUZA wrote:This is for both FUDIST and gooner...

Swedens biggest rivals are Denmark it's much history between us and it goes back ALONG time because we used to be in war against each other all the time but it have gone over to football instead but its not much hate anymore more just a match you must win..i think we are the biggest rivals in scandinavia but i dont know how Norway and Denmark feel about each other and for sweden and finland, its just a friendly derby for us swedes because there are ALOT of finnish people in sweden and as FUDIST said Finland havent been succesful in football so we have never seen them as a real threat
AIK Stockholm
gooner775

Postby gooner775 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:05 pm

FUDIST wrote:
gooner775 wrote:
yea it was good game to Finland but our young players finishing wasnt that good. by the way congratulations qualifying to european cup :) u deserved it

Thank you :D
AIK Stockholm
gooner775

Postby FUDIST » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:54 pm

some more:

FUDIST

Postby FUDIST » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 am

FC Lahti promoted back to Veikkausliiga (highest division) and fans celebrating at away game and some of them tried pitch invasion which isnt okay to police.. again a lot of police. It seems that people really think there's a huge hooligan problems in Finland.

Pohjoiskaarre against Sweden

FUDIST

PreviousNext

Return to North Europe